Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Opportunities in Waterbury, CT #18-142
Utilize advanced psychiatric nurse practitioner skills to evaluate and treat adolescent, adult and geriatric psychiatric patients and their significant others in ambulatory and inpatient settings. Will work under full to partial supervision of a physician appointed to the medical staff.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- MSN with certification by an approved nursing organization and prescriptive authority.
- Current licensure as an A.P.R.N. in the State of Connecticut.
- At least two years of postgraduate clinical experience in a psychiatric setting. Advanced knowledge of clinical psychiatric nursing practice including geriatric, adolescent and adult psychiatric assessment, individual, group, and family therapy, psychopharmacology, and discharge planning. Ability to make prudent clinical decisions.
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written format.
- Ability to teach patients, families, and staff.
We offer paid life insurance, 26 PTO, a competitive salary, five days CME and generous CME allowance, savings and retirement plans, excellent health, dental and vision benefits, malpractice insurance with tail coverage paid.
Waterbury is located in New Haven County, in the North Western section of Connecticut, where lifestyle options are plentiful and cost of living more moderate than other locations in the State. Our providers reside in New Haven, Litchfield and Fairfield Counties. We are just about an hour from NYC and two hours to Boston; as well as local to Hartford, New Haven and the CT coastline in 30 minutes. We are surrounded by some of the best academic institutions in the Country, and boast a number of blue ribbon elementary and secondary school districts throughout our communities. Recreationally, your options are endless, from the mountains to the shoreline, you will revel in the four season climate and natural landscapes for which Connecticut is celebrated.
For more information on this and other psychiatric positions contact Tim Leigh at 877-499-9889 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org